Your dog requires regular exercise, enough space, freedom, and maximum protection for enjoying their life in the fullest form. The freedom and safety of your dog are restricted by speeding cars in the street, angry neighbors, etc
Besides, you also want to keep your dog from swimming pool, flower beds, and some other areas on your property.
Thus, you require the best wireless dog fence for creating an invisible barrier. So, your dog learns the places they do not pass. Pet containment system is a very safe and humane way to create dog boundaries.
Here is an analysis of wireless dog fences, which will help you to pick the best one as per your requirement.
Comparison Table of Best Wireless Dog Fence:
What is Wireless Dog Fence?
There are two types of dog fences, wired and wireless. In a wired dog fence, you need to put a collar on your dog. It works with the help of a receiver collar.
A wireless dog fence also works with the help of a collar. But, you need to place the transmitter of this collar in the center of your house. It creates a radius for the limited playing area for your dog. When your dog tries to cross the set boundary, the collar will give an electric shock. Over time, your dog will learn that the prohibited areas and he should not cross it.
How to Select a Wireless Dog Fence?
Dog owners prefer to install a wireless fence because the installation process is very easy. A wireless dog fence also provides the same result of a wired fence. You should consider various factors while purchasing a wireless dog fence.
Your required capacity size should be your major consideration while purchasing a dog fence. They are wireless because they have no wires.
Thus, you need to depend on the transmitter while limiting the area. Some transmitters cover only one acre, but some others are more powerful, which can cover 25 acres or beyond.
You should also consider the shape of the transmitter while purchasing a wireless dog fence. You should also check whether the radium of a transmitter can pass through obstructions like sloped lands or wooded areas.
Odd-shaped home requires a transmitter with circular shaped radius. The shape of some houses is rectangular. In order to get the best wireless dog fence, you should consider all these factors.
Ease of Installation
You can install a wireless electronic dog fence very easily. You need not require a tie, build, dig, or hammer anything for installing a wireless fence. It can be installed by taking the transmitter from the box and set it up on your laptop or computer. You can do all these things within an hour.
Features of a Dog Collar
You should also consider the features of your dog collar for getting the best result. If you like to conduct lots of pool parties with your families and friends, then you should purchase a wireless electrical fence with a waterproof collar.
Thus, you can even submerge the collar in water for a prolonged time. If the collar is water resistant, it can be wet for too long. Thus, it can only withstand drops or sprinkles of water.
You should also check the control options of a dog collar. Some allow you to turn off the transmitter for a few hours, which is helpful for preventing your dog from getting too many electric shocks. The other major consideration should be the battery options.
Some batteries are rechargeable, some are disposable, and some others come with a charger. All these factors should be evaluated carefully before purchasing a wireless dog fence.
Top Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews
Having a pet dog is one of the most exciting and interesting events. However, maintaining them in good condition and good health is a very challenging and tough task.
Besides keeping them happy and jovial, you are responsible for the security and safety of your dog. If you keep your dog confined, you are eliminating many potential threats such as getting lost, being hit by a car, getting into poisonous substances, etc.
Your neighbors will also appreciate if you keep your pet dog in your yard. Here is an analysis of wireless fences for dogs.
How to get an Invisible Dog Fence?
ust like other top quality products or devices, wireless dog fences also come with some distinctive features. They come with lots of uniqueness and benefits. You should consider all these features while purchasing a wireless fence for your dog.
Those features are discussed below:
- Wireless: When a seller claim that the device is wireless, you should check it carefully. You need to purchase a fence with a transmitter that needs not bury wires.
- Radium Capacity: This is the next important factor while purchasing an invisible dog fence. The radius of the device should be checked very carefully, which is helpful for understanding the restricted areas to the dog.
You can either select a wider or narrow correction field.
- Collar Size: You should select a collar that perfectly fit the neck of your dog. The collar size should be big enough for big dogs.
But, smaller dogs require smaller collars. Some wireless fence devices come with features such as lightning protection, extra collars, a ground flag, etc.
You can select a collar on the basis of your budget, yard, and lifestyle. Collars with rechargeable batteries are better because they save lots of money.
- Battery Backup: This is a major criterion while selecting an invisible fence for your dog. If you want to keep the wireless functional always, the device must have battery backup facility. Proper battery backup is essential for avoiding the failure of the power of your system.
- Number of dogs should be Allowed: You can also select an invisible fence on the basis of the number of dogs you need to include in this wireless transmitter system. You can select the best device on the basis of this factor. If the device is excellent, you can accommodate up to three dogs.
The number of dogs can be included in this system is determined by the number of the receiver collars. Some brands come with one receiver per transmitter. But, some others give two or more receivers.
If you have more than one pet dogs, it is better to give importance to this factor. If you have only one dog, you can select one dog per transmitter.
An invisible or electric dog fence is a device, which creates an invisible barrier by sending electric signals when your dog tries to cross it.
This is the best and humane way to keep your dog within the boundary. A wireless dog fence operates differently than you imagine. As a part of it, a collar is put around the neck of the dog. It will contain a transmitter, which creates a radius. The transmitter sends electric shock when your dog tries to go beyond this radius.
Features Of Wireless Fence:
- Cheaper than traditional fence;
- Quicker and easier to install;
- Will not block your view;
- Can keep your gate open;
- Your dog will not dig under, jump over, or chew through a wireless fence;
- Ideal for neighborhood;
- Completely portable;
- Training is required;
- Maintenance is not free;
- Will not keep other dogs out of your yard;
- Stops working when power goes up;
- Not good for aggressive dogs;
You should consider a lot of things while purchasing a wireless fence for dogs. A few things are discussed above.
The major focus should be your budget, habit, and size of your dog, coverage area, quality of the device, etc. once you purchase the best invisible fence, you need to provide proper training to your dog. Your pet will cope with the new device if you provide him/her a few days training. Some devices come with proper instructions, which is helpful for giving training to your dog.
Pros and cons of wireless dog fence
Those who desire portability when it comes to dog fencing, wireless fences are at your disposal. Electric fences used to be limited compared to buried wire variety but that's no more the case.
Although traditional dog wired fence is still more customizable and reliable, the newer wireless fence options are gaining popularity.
How does a wireless fence work?
Just like the wired dog fence, wireless fence also requires a collar. You should place the collar transmitter in the middle of the house which creates an area for your dog to play. When your dog tries to go beyond the area radius, it is given as electric shock to the dog. Overtime, the dog learns and can distinguish the area within which it can play.
Debating whether to buy traditional or wireless fence?
Have you considered the Pros and Cons of Wireless dog fence? Lets dive into it....
- Affordable- Cost significantly less than the cost of installation and materials;
- Unobtrusive- Does not block the views or break up areas;
- Ease of Use- Quicker & Easier to install;
- More effective - Some dog owners prefer electric fences as the other options had failed to keep the dog inside( usually they climb up or dig under the fence). With a wireless fence, due to electric shock- the dog quickly learn to stay within the boundary;
- Exercise & Freedom- You can go to areas - heavily wooded areas, lot of hills, which otherwise is challenging for traditional fencing;
- Portable- You can take the fence wherever you go. Remove the transmitter and collar and can take them with you;
- Superior Containment- Much higher containment rate, once your dog is properly trained;
- Decreased human error- Reduces the chances of escape as mostly pet owners forget the close the door in case of wired fences;
- Protection- Intruders will stay away from the property by the presence of the dog not realizing that the dog may not be able to reach them;
- Power Source- Requires indoor power source. If no power, no fence;
- Training - your dog would require proper training to learn the boundaries;
- Electric fence is like a punishment- I don't want shock my dog..... Many people worry about harming their dog through shock process;
- Outside Animals - It does nothing to keep outside animals out your yard;
- Battery Backup - Without battery back up, the fence will stop working;
- Expenses - Ongoing expenses such as batteries, collar accessories ( metal probes, straps etc.);
- Barrier Frustration- In some cases, dogs get agitated when they see neighbor dogs playing out of range or tease them;
- Escape - If the dog gets frightened by something within the yard or thunder, then he can breach the electric fence- in that case, the dog is essentially locked out of the yard
Obviously, your dog's security and safety is key to decide on fencing options. Like all decisions when it comes to pets, choice of fencing requires careful consideration and research.
Don't compromise with on spending time on research, as its about the safety and well-being of your dog. Weighing the pros and cons of an electric fence will definitely help you ensure that you take the right decision for your dog.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye on your dog and evaluate their comfort within the yard. Only in this way you can assure if your dog is truly safe.
The wireless dog fence is the best option for keeping your pet safe and healthy. If you do not want to spend more money for dog fences, you can select a wireless fence from this list.
If you provide proper training to your dog, you can prevent them from running into the street, running after animals or vehicles, meeting an accident, or getting lost.
All the products mentioned above are the best sellers and offer the best value for your money. But, PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System is the best of the best.