Best Dog Nail Grinder: Make the Right Decision Now
Last Updated March 26, 2018
Purchasing the best dog nail grinder is the most effective way to avoid expensive visits to the groomer. Nail grinders are easy-to-use, affordable, and widely available. A high speed rotating pad is used in a dog nail grinder. In fact, a nail grinder is a highly useful tool, which allows you file your dogs nail one by one.
You can also smoothen the edges of nails of your dog by using a nail grinder. Your dog will not feel any pain while using a nail grinder. You can also avoid cutting the pinkish part of the nails of your dog, which can cause bleeding and severe pain.
If you use conventional nail clippers, you may accidently clip the dog’s quick. Thus, nail grinders are very popular among dog owners. You can also use this tool even if you do not have experience in dog grooming.
Comparison Table of Best Dog Nail Grinder:
Factors to Consider while Purchasing a Nail Grinder for your Pet Dog:
Most nail grinders available today are electric. However, the specifications differ from models and make. You must consider certain things while purchasing a nail grinder for your pet dog.
- Grinding Strength;
Grinding strength is the first and foremost thing while purchasing a dog nail grinder. All electric grinders will not provide you the same power. If the nails of your dog are thick and rough, you should select a strong grinder.
- Convenient to Use;
You should also check whether the grinder is convenient or not. If the grinder comes with some removable parts, you can swap out these parts conveniently.
Some manufacturers provide a carry bag to store all the parts. Most nail grinders are made to fit the hand of a person. So, you need not worry about the size of the product.
- Grinder Cap or Cover;
A good nail grinder will have a cover or cap, which is helpful for gathering nail dust. It will prevent the nail dust from scattering everywhere.
If you are ready to spend a few more dollars, you can consider purchasing a nail grinder that is equipped with a sensor. Thus, it stops the rotating pad when the fur of your dog gets caught in the grinder while grinding. A cordless nail grinder is more convenient.
Best 3 products Review and Buying Guidelines:
Handy Advice About best Dog Nail Grinders
Almost all best nail grinder for large dogs are a dog grooming accessory that enables you to trim your dog's nails with relative ease when compared to traditional nail trimmers. They contain the select features of a lightweight design, variable trimming speeds and finger grips that offer extra comfort and control. They are used as a safer alternative for trimming nails when compared to regular dog nail trimmers.
Nail grinders for large dogs have been around for a long time. The basic or original model is based on an all-purpose rotary tool, such as you might buy at a hardware store.
When you place a small sanding drum (the size of a thimble) on the end of the rotor, this makes a perfect sander for a dog's nails. This sander files the nails painlessly and leaves them nice and smooth. Dog show people, breeders, and dog groomers have been using this technique for decades.
Points to note about nail grinder for large dogs
- When regarding dog nail grinders as a dog grooming accessory, you are likely to be looking for a product that makes safely trimming your dog's nails a lot easier.
They supply the qualities of variable motor speeds for more powerful trimming and a design that is lightweight and easy to grip;
- The beneficial highlights of avoiding fewer injuries when cutting the nails of your dog is what many dog nail grinders’ supplies.
You ought to grasp the fact that they are relatively expensive and dogs may take a while to become accustomed to the sound of the motor are less advantageous features of this dog grooming accessory;
- A good number of them are fitting for use by dog groomers or owners who are looking for an alternative to a traditional nail trimmer.
They are not as fit for use on dogs which can become more anxious.
You may additionally need replacement bands for the grinder as well as grooming scissors or clippers if you are going to groom your dog properly;
Our Top Five Nail Grinder >>
How Does It Work grinder for large dogs?
- Right at first glance, the nail grinder seems to be a futile copy of the top-of-the-range dog nails trimmers, though it exhibits all the little tidbits essential to managing a smoother operation.
The manufacturers have taken a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to the hole in which the nail is inserted and positioned;
- This doesn't work well with big breeds of dogs, and hence it would be great if the manufacturers modify it to accommodate additional holes;
- Nail dust clogging of this instrument can save your carpet from dirt, but it can also make you feel irritated at times. The manufacturers should also find a way to stop it from vibrating once it is fitted to large-sized nails making it get stuck
On the whole, if you want a dog grooming accessory to trim your dog's nails with relative ease when compared to traditional nail trimmers then dog nail grinders are a high-quality choice, despite the fact that they are relatively expensive and dogs may take a while to become accustomed to them.
They can bring the favourable elements of avoiding fewer injuries when cutting the nails of your dog - with features such as a lightweight design, variable trimming speeds and finger grips that offer extra comfort and control
Dog nail grinding How To: getting your dog’s nails prim and pretty
A lot of our pets are considered more than just family, they’re our soulmates. And what better way to show our love to our pet furries than to groom them well.
Trimming your pet’s nails without having to spend a fortune in expensive pet parlors is a much more practical way to keep your pet well groomed. Dog nail grinder how to use it is as easy as it is affordable and widely available.
Shopping for a Dog Nail Grinder
Finding a good nail grinder for your dog is easy as it can be available online or in any pet stores. Before purchasing anything, though, you should consider the following:
- The price: Cheap and you can already find a decent nail grinder;
- The sound it can make: nail grinding, although generally painless if done properly, can scare the dogs with the vibrating sound. So definitely consider buying the grinders with less noise and vibration;
- Speed settings: as much as you can, choose the ones with at least two-speed settings so your dog can be given some time to adjust from the lower speed and eventually to the higher if your pets have gotten more used to it;
Grinding your dog’s nails
- Hold your dog’s paws securely and make sure to keep away the hairs around it to keep it from being tangled;
- Grind one nail at a time starting from the bottom to the top, bring it up and then around the top of the tip of the nail. Do it again from the starting point;
- The process can be repeated with each nail until the sharp tips are removed, but don’t do it too hard and quick that the nails might bleed;
- When you’ve achieved the right length, apply the grinder at the tip of the nail in a circular motion until it is polished smooth;
Why use dog nail grinder
- When done properly, you get a nice soft tip with a natural look, unlike the jagged look that nail trimmers usually leave behind;
- Unlike nail trimmers, there is a very less likelihood of you exposing the nail and cause bleeding;
- It is a virtually painless job, your dog just has to get used to it for the first few attempts;
Challenges and how to deal with it
- AS mentioned, the sound of the grinder may scare the dog at first. So it’s always a good idea to turn it on and give him treats to make him associate the sound with pleasure instead of panic;
- Grinding causes a slight heating sensation on the nails, so it may frighten your dog. So it’s always a good idea to take your time, catch a few breaks until he eventually gets used to the warmth. He/she might even like the sensation!
Using a grinder, when done properly, can be a great opportunity for you to spend quality time with your dog and elevate their trust in you. More than anyone, you know your dog and you know what’s best for them.
Grinding and grooming are painless if done properly, you may just have to get used to it as much as your dog. A lot of pet furries squirm at the sight of nail clippers or trimmers because of a few bad experiences and probably a lot of bleeding.
You might find that it’s time to invest in a nail grinder rather than cutting your pet's nails. You’ll never know how great it is until you try it yourself!
The three models mentioned above are the best-selling, top-rated models in this category. However, you can make a decision on the basis of your confidence level and the reaction of your pet. You can take your own time for evaluating the specifications and user-friendly features of these models.
It is very difficult to decide whether a nail grinder is a right solution for your dog. In order to know it, you should first use it.
If your pet is comfortable with a nail grinder, you can go with that particular model. If the result is satisfactory, you can reach a conclusion that your choice is right.