Best Dog House for Winter: Keep Them Warm During Cold
Do you want to keep your canine friend warm cold weathers?
Then, you need the best dog house for winter. Just like human homes, a variety of dog houses is available in different sizes, shapes, styles, and designs.
Some dog houses are more efficient than others. Here is an analysis of a few major points in the construction of dog houses, which is highly helpful while selecting the best dog house for winter.
Comparison Table of Best Dog House for Winter:
Different types of materials are used for constructing dog houses. However, the most durable among them are wood and plastic. Though wood is the most preferred one, it has some pros and cons. Heavy-duty plastic is used for manufacturing modern dog houses.
Pros and Cons of Wood Dog Houses
• Provides good insulation from cold and heat
• Easiest material to work with
• They are very sturdy
• Your pet can jump on the roof of wood house
• It absorbs pet odors
• Susceptible to termite infestation
• Tends to wear over years
• It needs yearly maintenance
• Extremely heavy
Pros and Cons of Plastic Dog Houses
• Plastic is very durable and lightweight than wood
• Does not absorb pet odors
• Can clean up very easily
• Plastic dog houses are available in a wide array of style
• It requires some weather insulation
• Temperature fluctuates more in plastic houses
• Tends to bleach out due to intense sun exposure
Metal Dog Houses
Metal is also used for manufacturing dog houses. But, these types of structures are called boxes. Usually, they are used for transporting dogs and providing them temporary housing during sports events and shows. But, some pet owners use metal houses for keeping them year-round. Aluminum or stainless steel is used for manufacturing metal dog boxes. Metal has very poor insulation, so it is compulsorily insulated.
Factors to Consider while Purchasing a Dog House for Winter
You need to consider certain factors while selecting the best dog house for winter. The house must be properly insulated to get proper protection from cold. The material should be sturdy and durable, so you can protect the house from chewing.
The door of the dog house should be closed automatically when your pet exits from the insulated dog house. It is helpful for retaining heat in the house to prevent heat loss. Thus, the dog house can be kept warm and the overall electric cost will also be very low. However, the price of an insulated dog house is little bit high. Automatic door, material, and insulation are the major considerations while purchasing a dog house for winter. If a house is suitable for both indoors and outdoors, it will be highly useful.
Important Things to Consider
• Purchase an insulated dog house, which is more convenient for your dog
• Measure the size before purchasing a house for your dog. The house should be highly suitable for your dog with perfect weight and height
• While selecting a pet house, you should consider the size of your dog and space required for sleeping, playing, etc.
• Proper level of ventilation is also essential
• Select a dog house with comfortable design
• The roof of the house should be completely insulated
• Best design of flooring helps to prevent rotting from rising damp
Reviews of Top Best Dog House for Winter:
An average dog house is not equipped with cooling or heating systems. So, your dog will get protection from the elements in a dog house only. In such a situation, your dog will get heat only from its own body.
Purchasing a dog house that is too big is simply a waste of money because it is harder for them to get heat. If the house is too small, it will not be comfortable for your dog.
The dog house should be raised off the ground, which is essential for getting proper protection from snow, moisture, insects, and rain. A pet house should provide them an exciting environment for playing, living, and sleep.